Monday, April 2, 2012

PARTY TIME!

My father in law turned 70 in March.  We had a huge surprise party for him last Saturday.  The theme was black and white so we dressed the children accordingly.  They looked adorable of course.  When we got there they already had the music playing and there were quite a few  people milling around.  One thing people learn very quickly about my children is that they love music.  The second is, they are not afraid to dance.  Krista took to the dance floor first of course and shook her little hips to the beat.  Next was Alex.  My poor boy really doesn't have any rhythm but he tries and has fun doing it. 

It was great to see them all around family.  Being a military brat, we did not live around family.  We got to see them in the summers mostly, and it usually involved a long plane ride.  My children have both sets of grandparents here, cousins, some aunts and uncles, its great.  I do wish more of my family were here, but its nice to have so many people close by that truly love my children.  All the children played with the balloons and danced around the floor, while the adults caught up with each other's lives, and occasionally danced to Wobble or Cupid Shuffle. 

It really was a nice party, and dad seemed really surprised.  He cried tears of joy at seeing his family together to celebrate his life.  I just wish I had gotten a good picture of him that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment