Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Children the Environmentalists

I have decided that the children in this house are very concerned about the environment.  There are a few habits that they have picked up that lead me to believe this.

1.  I have the hardest time getting them to flush the toilet.  The truly believe in if its yellow let it mellow.  Unfortunately the also believe in if it brown let it hang around.  The amount of times that I have lifted the toilet lid to a hefty surprise is ridiculous.  I guess conserving water is top priority for them.

2.  The fact that amount of food I find in the third row of my car is incredible and at times disgusting.  I have to clean it out everyday or all kinds of wonderful new molds and animals would grow back there.  A few times I have had to yell "NO, don't eat that !"  Chris has occasionally tried to make a snack out of the left over nugget from the week prior that I may have missed during my quick clean up.  I guess it is a good thing to not waste food with starving children all over the world, but I do feel like my back seat is an on going science experiement sometimes.

3.  Energy is another resource they love to conserve.  Every time they see me on a laptop, they feel the need to close the top, not matter what I am doing.  I could be in the middle of typing, facebooking, reading the newspaper, whatever it is - Chris especially, will make a point of ending my computer session.

A normal day in the Cheatham house.

No comments:

Post a Comment