Thursday, May 10, 2012

You know you're a mother when. .

Adventures in motherhood have their ups and downs.  Many times I still ask myself what I have gotten into, and other times it is as easy as breathing.  Take last night for instance.  Alex and I sat and colored together, Chris sat in my lap, and Krista quietly watched TV.  Easy as breathing.  Now compare that to today.  I had to take them to practice with me.  Can you say total disaster.  They were bad enough for me to be embarrassed.  That was one of those "what am I doing" moments.

Here is a short list of typical mommy/child things that are relevant in my life, maybe other moms too.

You may be a mother if. .
  • You go to bed childless, and wake up in the middle of the night with one on your legs and the other in your armpit.
  • you find yourself watching Yo Gabba Gabba even when there are no children in sight.
  • when a sale at Children's place is the highlight of your weekend
  • when you are out without the kids, you have a mild panic attack every so often thinking you left them on the car.
  • you can almost bet that when your cell phone is missing, it is mostly in the hands of a child curled up in a corner playing angry birds or where's my water.
  • You keep snacks in your purse, and end up eating them yourself.
  • you could win a science fair with whatever is growing under the car seats in your third row.
  • If you hear - I have to POOOOOOOP! at least three times a day.
  • Announcing that you are going to the bathroom translates into "party in the bathroom" and tiny feet follow you into the bathroom to enjoy the show.
  • you have had to buy a whistle, piece of candy, etc, because a greedy little kid put their mouth on it before you could stop them.
  • when you plan on shopping for yourself, you come home with three backs for the kids and a pack of gum for yourself.
  • have almost run into the car in front of you because you were trying to keep two little people from gouging each other's eyes out.
Then again, these things maybe unique to me lol

No comments:

Post a Comment