Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Recently a very good friend of mine visited for my son's seventh birthday.  It was crazy that he was turning seven, even crazier that a week later I would be turning 34.  When she walked in to Chuck E Cheese it was like she hadn't been gone all that time.  We picked up right where we left of a year ago, and it made me appreciate her that much more.  Friendship is so easy to offer, but so much harder to maintain.  When you find someone that no matter what, they are there for you - it is something that is special and should not be taken advantage of.  This is someone that will always be there for me and I will always be there for her.

I have blogged about friendship before.  Is there a time in your life when it isn't as important anymore.  I mean, Dondre is my best friend.  He makes me laugh, cry, love, all the good things in life.  He is me and I carry him with me everywhere I go.  When I  am alone, he is still with me.  That is how it should be.  That is one friend that will never disappoint me.  When I am sick, he will take care of me, when I am sad he will comfort me.  He will never cancel on me, never choose to hang with someone else over me, never go weeks without calling.  Is a faithful loving husband all that is necessary? 

Probably not for most people - but some times the safe option is the best. We will have been married 10 years in July.  I still feel for like I did on the day we got married.  We have a beautiful family and I couldn't ask for more.  I am grateful for the life that we have together.  I have been down a bit recently and he reminds me that I am a good person and anyone is lucky to have me as a friend.  I reminds me all the time that I am not in control of others actions and that their actions have no reflection on me at all.

So here is to two people in my life that I know I can count on at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment